Soundeater floor underlayment for nail down hardwood is the most recent development in the field of sound reducing sub-flooring designed for 3/4″ solid and 14-15mm semi-solid hardwood flooring soundeater product.
Soundeater combines a specially designed tongue and groove impact absorbing soft board with a mating wooden profile. The profile is placed free from the substrate between the soft boards every 10 1/2″.
The top side of the profile will accept a 1 1/2″ flooring nail on a 45 degree angle through 3/4″ hardwood without touching the sub floor. The result is a totally free floating hardwood floor. Soundeater systems have been installed in condominiums, apartments, hotels and resorts in living areas. In addition, it has been installed in commercial and public buildings to prevent high-traffic passages on the floors above from intruding conference, office, and meeting areas.
Soundeater Floor Features
- New Underlayment designed for 3/4″ thick nail down hardwood
- Time saver – quick & easily installation, saves time & money
- Outstanding leveling properties (2-3mm per 3ft)
- Excellent impact insulation IIC & FIIC from 55 – 60+ Product Specs
- 1 1/16″ thick soft boards •7/8″ thick wooden nailer profile
- 17.4 sq ft per package •up to 2 mm of leveling
- Totally free floating system
Please note that the VC300 consists of PUR foam/cork and no rubber crumb. When comparing alternative products, please be cautious where a “direct equivalent” is offered. Many alternatives consist of rubber compound that can cause plasticizer migration with vinyl flooring.